1/10 Photos of Arabian Pita Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This doesnt taste exactly like arabian pita, but it is close. So quick and easy, and tastes better with arabian dishes (hummous, falafel, shawerma, etc). I make it when i can't get arabian pita, great with "fooll muddames" as well. This is my Mom's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, water and sugar.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, dried milk and salt.
- 4Pour in the oil and yeast/water mixture and stir well.
- 5You might need to add more flour or water, depending on the absorbency of the flour.
- 6Knead dough briefly, divide into 18 egg sized balls.
- 7Place on a floured surface, cover and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- 8Roll one ball out and cook in a skillet until large "bubbles" form.
- 9Flip pita over and cook the other side for a few more minutes.
- 10I flatten it out with a spatula.
- 11Keep bread warm (wrap in a towel or place in a ziploc bag) while cooking the rest of the bread.
- 12These freeze well.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabian Pita Bread
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g