Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
from "perfect endings"
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted and cut in eighths (raisins or other dried fruit can be used) (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Add the dates, if using, the chocolate, and the lemon rind.
- Combine eggs and sugar and beat till thick. Fold into mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 to 15 minutes.