Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I obtained this recipe from my good friend April. She found it years ago in one of her mother's Ebony magazines from the seventies. It is so easy to prepare, uses simple ingredients, and tastes awesome! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, milk and nutmeg.
- Pour into an ungreased 8x8" baking dish.
- Mix in melted butter until combined.
- In another bowl, mix peaches and sugar.
- Spoon peaches over batter.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
Very easy and good, the first time I made it I put the sugar on the peaches at the beginning, made it real juicy, second time, I followed the directions exactly and was awed by its flavor.