Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a family favorite
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 18 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)
- Cream the flour, butter, and cream cheese into a ball and chill it.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll each into a rectangle.
- Spread mixture of apricot preserves, shredded coconut, and chopped nuts.
- Roll up as a jellyroll.
- Put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- cool and slice.
I was visiting friends in California and didn't have my Mother's recipe. I found this one and made it. It was easy and they apsolutely loved it. It is the same as my Mom's, but she used soured cream in place of the cream cheese. Both recipes are wonderful. i would suggest that the amount of time for refrigeration and the size the four doughs should be made be listed.