Recipe by Recipe Junkie
These sound marvelous. From an elementary school cookbook I found at Friends of the Library. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- apricot preserves
- chopped pecans, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into flour until it crumbs.
- Add egg yolk and sour cream and blend together.
- Chill several hours.
- Divide into 4 parts.
- Roll each part into a 10" circle.
- Spread preserves.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans if desired.
- Cut into wedges and roll into crescents.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.