1/6 Photos of Apricot Raisin Coffee Cake
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Developed for RSC #6, Winter 2005. Cooking time includes dough cycle time and second rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 8 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, freshly grated, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup apricot (measure after cutting, see instructions)
- 1I used my bread machine on the dough cycle but you may make your dough the traditional way if you prefer.
- 2Put water, eggs and oil in bottom of bread machine pan.
- 3Mix together the whole wheat flour, bread flour, and 4 teaspoons of the grated lemon rind, and add on top of your wet ingredients.
- 4On top of the flour mixture, add powdered milk, sugar, salt and yeast.
- 5Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- 6Meanwhile, using kitchen shears or a knife, cut up apricots to about the same size as your raisins, then measure them and mix together with the raisins.
- 7When dough cycle is complete, take out your dough and divide it into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other.
- 8Using your fingers or a dough roller, spread the larger piece of dough over the bottom of a well-greased 7"x11" or 9" square baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle approximately half of the brown sugar over the dough, then top with raisin-apricot mixture.
- 10Divide the other piece of dough into 24 small balls, then flatten each ball between your hands.
- 11Place the dough disks on top, distributing them evenly around the dish.
- 12Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar, then the remaining 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind (I was able to get the whole 8 teaspoons rind from one lemon).
- 13Let rise in a very warm place for 30 to 45 minutes then bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- 14Cut, eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Raisin Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 351.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g