Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I love scones...I love Apricots...I love Citrus... teeheehee, what else do I need other than a hot cup of tea and some clotted cream?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees; lightly grease cookie sheet; in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt; mix well.
- Add apricots and white baking chips; mix well.
- Add whipping cream all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth; divide dough in half.
- Pat each half into a 6 inch round; cut each round into four wedges.
- PLace two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown; cool five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over warm scones; serve warm.