1/1 Photo of Apricot Orange Almond Jam
2 hrs 15 mins
Not quite a conserve, this is an interesting jam with almonds.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the apricots coarsly and put into a large bowl. Sprinkle-on the grated zest of the oranges and the cinnamon.
- 2Squeeze the juice of the oranges, measure and add enough water to make 6-cups total. Pour the liquid over the fruit, gently combine, and set out overnight in a cool place (not in the fridge).
- 3The next day, simmer the apricots in a heavy pan until fruit is nicely tender; 1 to 2 hours. Use a potato masher to crush fruit if desired. I like the apricots in larger chunks so I don't mash them.
- 4Add the sugar to the pan together with juice of the lemons and the almonds.
- 5Cook 'til sugar is melted, then fast-boil to a setting stage. (drip some on a plate, if a skin forms on top when cooled it's ready).
- 6Ladle into sterile jars, seal, and process in 10-min. water bath.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Orange Almond Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 198.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 183.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g