Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really nice, healthy muffins.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup natural bran
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped apricot
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour the boiling water over bran. Let stand.
- Combine flour, wheat germ, soda and salt. Stir well to blend.
- Cream margarine and sugar together thoroughly.
- Add eggs and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Add the creamed mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add oats, apricots and bran. Stir well to blend.
- Fill well greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and tops are browned.