Recipe by -Patrish
I just love these cookies - they are SO good. Make them during the holidays and give them as gifts, or put them on a cookie tray for guests.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, mixing at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough into thirds; roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, and cut with a 3-inch round cutter.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp apricot filling in center of each round.
- Combine egg and water; brush on edges.
- Fold opposite sides to center, slightly overlapping edges; pinch to seal.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.