Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love the jalapeno-fruit recipes to have at home and to give as gifts. With a nice wheat cracker, a little cream cheese and dollop of the jelly you have a nice snack or appetizer. The 'heat' from the jalapenos depends on how many of the seeds you leave in the jelly. A friend likes this on hotcakes, and we also like the jelly on biscuits.Try this, it will surprise you!
- Place the jalapenos, pepper and vinegar in a blender (or food processor).
- Pulse until small chunks remain.
- Combine apricots, sugar and the pepper/vinegar mixture in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam that forms.
- Allow mixture to cool for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the pectin.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and cool.
- (At this point I turn the sealed jars over several times as they cool for about 10 minutes at a time to keep the fruit nicely distributed in the jar).
- * Note; It is an excellent idea to wear rubber gloves when working with hot peppers, they otherwise may make the hands burn. And don't rub your eyes!
With this they paved paradise and put up a parking lot...