MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Blue Ribbon Preserves by Amendt. Get this book!
- Ready In:
- 5 cups peeled pitted chopped apricots
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid pectin
- Combine apricots and water.
- Over medium heat bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer gently for 5 minutes
- Take pan off heat; skim and let set 30 minutes.
- Sieve the apricots and strain juice from pulp (use pulp in apricot jam).
- Line sieve with 4 layers of clean damp cheese cloth.
- Strain; cover the juice and refrigerate overnight.
- Ladle the juice from container, being careful not to disturb the sediment from bottom using 3 cups of juice.
- To make the jelly, combine juices when they are warm add sugar.
- Stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour pectin in, bring to a rolling boil again, stirring constantly (apricot LOVES to burn) for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; skim off foam.
- Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Water bath for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this jelly this morning with an excess of fresh apricots that I had, this is a very sweet jelly that I think could use a little less sugar, but I followed the amounts exactly for now, I think that next time I will try to cut down the sugar just slightly, never the less this jam is wonderful! thanks Dienia!..Kitten:)Reply