Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another one of my APRICOT recipes. It is nice as an ending to a lovely dinner. Source Better Homes & Gardens. It looks lovely & nice!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 15 1⁄4 ounces unpeeled apricot halves in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitues)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease & flour a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice; set aside.
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/3 cup of the syrup.
- Chop the apricots finely. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped apricots for filling.
- Combine remaining chopped apricots, reserved apricot syrup, & 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring apricot mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cook & stir over low heat about 4 minutes or until thickened; stirrring and mashing with a spoon. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs in medium mixing bowl with electric mixer on high for 5 minutes; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar & apricot mixture.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Staring at a short side, roll up cake and towel together; cool.
- Combine cream cheese, butter & vanilla in small mixing bowl; beat mixture with electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup chopped apricots.
- Unroll cake & spread with cream cheese mixture; reroll w/out towel; cover & chill for at least 2 hrs up to 24 hours.
- Transfer cake roll to cake server.
- If desired garnish with fresh apricot wedges and rosemary sprig.