Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty sandwich from a local tea room.
- 3 slices multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 3 dried apricots, chopped fine
- 4 slices ham (I use toupee ham or black forest)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- Spread some of the cream cheese on first slice of bread.
- Top with 1/2 of the apricots and 2 slices of ham.
- place 2nd slice of bread on top and spread remainder of cream cheese on top, then add remaining apricots and ham.
- Top with final piece of bread and slice it into 4 pieces (I slice mine on a diagonal).
- This recipe can be adjusted for an entire loaf, just follow the basic idea and adjust cheese/apricots to your liking.
This was a nice sandwich. I mixed the chopped apricots into the cream cheese, which I spread on both pieces of bread. I only made one layer of sandwich. I bought a very hearty bread & I wonder if it was a bit too dense to let the filling really shine.