Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy! It's like the nicest slice I've ever made. (I like my biscuits not fully crushed and also caramelized condensed milk is good instead of normal condensed milk if you can get it).
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- 190 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 250 g wine biscuits, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 100 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Heat 125g butter, brown sugar and condensed milk until the butter has melted.
- Do not boil.
- Add chopped apricots and crushed biscuits; mix well.
- Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
- Ice with Lemon Icing:.
- Beat butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar, grated rind and lemon juice and sufficient water so that you have a fluffy light mixture.
- Spread over the slice and sprinkle with coconut.
- Set in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares.