1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Flan is always a welcome sight. This recipe does require for the flans to chill overnight and that is not reflected in preparation. The actual prep time is minimal for the filling and caramel sauce. Recipe was developed for RSC Winter 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Add apricots to a small saucepan and cover only with enough water to cover.
- 3Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, taking care not to allow apricots to boil dry.
- 4Drain off any remaining water and pour the cooked apricots into blender jar or food processing bowl.
- 5Reconstitute the 1/3 cup powdered milk with 2/3 cup of water and add to blender jar.
- 6Pulse until apricots are chopped fine.
- 7Add remaining ingredients, except for cashews and raisins, to apricot mixture and pulse to mix thoroughly.
- 8Combine sugar, water, corn syrup and lemon juice for caramel sauce in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring only until sugar dissolves.
- 9When sugar has dissolved, increase the heat to medium-high and cook without stirring until syrup turns deep amber, brushing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush and swirling pan occasionally, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- 10Pour the caramel into four 3/4 cup-ramekins or custard cups.
- 11Quickly tilt each ramekin to coat sides.
- 12Set the ramekins into a large baking dish.
- 13Sprinkle bottoms of ramekins with raisins, pour in custard mixture and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon chopped cashews.
- 14Fill baking dish with hot water to reach half-way up sides of ramekins.
- 15Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- 16Remove flans from water and place on rack to cool.
- 17When cool, cover and chill overnight.
- 18Turn out onto individual serving dishes by loosening with a small sharp knife, shake gently and lift off ramekin.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Flan in Caramel Raisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 219.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 69.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g