Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Easy Apricot bar recipe 8)
Make and share this Apricot Coconut Filled Oat Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixer bowl combine all crumb ingredients.
- Beat low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly, 1-2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture; press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Spread the apricot preserves to within 1/2 inch from the edge of the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture and coconut.
- Bake 22-27 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before you cut into bars.
This recipe made tender, jam-filled bars that we enjoyed.
I'm giving these 3 stars because they were super quick and easy to make, and quite tasty. I thought about giving it less stars, though, because the measurement seemed wrong to me. There is no way it was going to fit a 9 x 13 pan, I had to put it into a smaller square pan. Also, they tasted way too salty to me. Still, these were good, and I'd like to try them with different types of preserves and maybe mess around with the measurements a bit. Thanks for sharing.