Recipe by South Carolina Girl
I have been eating this since childhood and love it! "Cooking time" includes chilling time and is estimated. I normally make this the day before I need it.
- 15 ounces canned apricots, chopped with juice
- 20 ounces crushed canned pineapple
- 6 ounces orange Jello gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and save the juice for topping.
- Dissolve Jello in the 2 cups of hot water.
- Fold in apricots (with juice), drained pineapple, and marshmallows. Chill until firm.
- To make the topping, combine sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Blend in egg and butter.
- Add pineapple juice, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Fold in whipped cream, and spread topping over congealed salad.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, and chill.