Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Blue Bonnet website. This was a first place winner in a 2003 Ultimate Oatmeal cookie contest. I have not tried it yet and am posting for safe keeping. Times are approximate Easy recipe to halve if needed.
- 1 cup margarine, softened (1 cup = 2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats, uncooked (quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat margarine and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in almond extract and vanilla.
- Add oats and flour; mix well.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls.
- Place 1 in each of 40 ungreased miniature muffin cups; press dough onto bottom and up side of cup. (Do not press dough over rims of cups.) Set aside.
- Mix eggs, brown sugar, preserves and almonds in small bowl until well blended.
- Fill each cup with about 1 tablespoon filling.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until crusts are golden brown.
- Cool briefly in pans on wire racks, about 10 minutes, or until cookie is firm but can still release.
- To remove from pans, carefully run knife around rim of each cup; gently lift out cookie with knife.