Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks like a very nice chewy, crunchy, (heart healthy?) treat, a recipe I couldn't resist filing away for a future 'to-make' date!!!
- 340.19 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 354.88 ml dried apricots, chopped
- 314.66 ml almonds, toasted, chopped, divided
- Line a 13"x9" rimmed baking sheet with a smooth sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, melt chocolate carefully.
- Add 1 cup chopped almonds to chocolate, & stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet, & spread with spatula or spoon until there is an even, thin layer.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle remaining almonds & all the apricots over top of chocolate, pressing down gently to embed them in the chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
- Once set, break bark into uneven pieces & serve.
- If chocolate has not been tempered, keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Did the same but with dried cranberries and green pumpkin seeds for Thanksgiving. Very pretty, basic recipe that would work with any combo.
A nice twist with the apricots added. Made the recipe as posted. The apricots and the apricot flavor was definately a nice treat. Kids enjoyed it too. Will definately make again. Made for PRMR tag.
This is a super simple recipe and a great way to cure a chocolate fix. We didn't care for the dried apricots though. Next time we'll just make it with the almonds. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)