Recipe by Barry44
This is easy to prepare and is good for all of you on weight watchers. Each serving is 4 points. The original recipe called for pecans but I used walnuts. You can substitute your favorite.
Top Review by jrivito
This is my husband's newest favorite cake (though quite honestly he has many favorites from the food.com site....) It is very easy to throw together quickly. The crumb topping is delicious and the cake is moist and keeps well at room temperature - if it lasts that long in your home. A great way to use up applesauce.<br/><br/>Will be making this often over the winter.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 78.07 ml chopped nuts, of your choice
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients (flour through nutmeg).
- In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, applesauce, 1 Tbsp butter, egg and egg white.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet mixture until moist.
- Spray a 9" round cake pan with cooking sptay.
- and spoon in the batter.
- In a small bowl combine chopped nuts and remaining ingredients.
- Stir with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of the cake.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.