Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I liked these muffins, but I think you gotta be a fan of whole wheat flour as these have a strong whole wheat flour taste which turned my family off. When I made these muffins I used sugar free imitation honey. I got this recipe from Everyday Health.
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat together the applesauce, egg, oil, and honey.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten.
- Stir in the raisins and divide the batter among 12 muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.