Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to make snack cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with applesauce, beating after each addition.
- Stir in dates.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinmkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
This is an absolutely wonderful cake, so moist and delicious, I will certainly make this on a regular occasion. Didn't use the cloves as did not have any, butI highly recommend this one to anyone.