Prep 15 mins
Cook 72 hrs
This bread is busting with flavor from, applesauce, oats and mace, this loaf has the goodness of Grandmothers favorite recipes.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats or 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- This recipe makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Add the ingredients according to manufactures directions.
- Select basic white bread cycle.
This was okay, could have been better. Added 1/2 cup raisins and used cinnamon instead of mace. I would like more apple flavor also. Maybe put in diced apple and nuts? Thank you for sharing.
Excellent bread. Moist and flavorful. I did not have mace and substituted Nutmeg. I will be maiking this bread again and again. Thank you for posting!
Very Good, although I would have preferred more of an apple flavor. I followed the recipe to the letter and this made a beautiful tall loaf! Thanks Barb!