Recipe by LLandrum
A great side dish to pork or chicken when served hot and chunky. My kids like a smoother consistency and love to eat it hot or cold. Enjoy!
- 8 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add all ingredients to a pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer, stirring frequently - for about 20 minutes - or until mushy.
- 3. Remove from heat and use a stick blender or potato masher to smash into desired consistency.
- 4. Serve warm or cold!
- 5. Also delicious when made with pears, or both apples and pears. Make sure to reduce the liquid added when using pears due to their higher moisture content.