Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Applebee's copycat recipe! They didn't post the serving size so I'm guessing here.
Make and share this Applebee's Aztec Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
- chipotle chili dry rub seasonings, from specialty store to taste
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 lb chopped salad greens, washed (romaine, Iceberg, Etc)
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces green bell peppers, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces red onions, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces corn kernels, fresh (or Thawed Frozen)
- 2 ounces celery, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces black beans, drained, rinsed (1/8 of a 15-oz Can)
- 2 cups tri-color corn tortilla strips (or Crushed Chips)
- 1 cup smoky tomato vinaigrette (or Dressing of Your Choice)
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Rub chipotle spice over chicken breasts and cook in skillet to a 165º internal temperature.
- While cooking, begin preparation of salad by thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing sink. Rinse and wash all vegetables in cold, 40º water with 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Drain.
- Clean and sanitize cutting board and knife. Chop salad greens into 1X1" squares. Trim peppers, onions, celery and dice into 1/4" cubes and place into large mixing bowl. Add greens, corn, black beans, tortilla strips and dressing and gently mix with a spatula.
- Mound salad onto plate and top with pepper jack cheese. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, dice into 1/2" cubes and add to top of salad just prior to serving.
Made as instructed and used a French salad dressing from this site. Company and I totally enjoyed this salad and next time I might try using some shrimp. Thank you for posting. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2011.