Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Applebee's copycat recipe! They didn't post the serving size so I'm guessing here.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
- chipotle chili dry rub seasonings, from specialty store to taste
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 lb chopped salad greens, washed (romaine, Iceberg, Etc)
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces green bell peppers, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces red onions, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces corn kernels, fresh (or Thawed Frozen)
- 2 ounces celery, cut 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces black beans, drained, rinsed (1/8 of a 15-oz Can)
- 2 cups tri-color corn tortilla strips (or Crushed Chips)
- 1 cup smoky tomato vinaigrette (or Dressing of Your Choice)
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Rub chipotle spice over chicken breasts and cook in skillet to a 165º internal temperature.
- While cooking, begin preparation of salad by thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing sink. Rinse and wash all vegetables in cold, 40º water with 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Drain.
- Clean and sanitize cutting board and knife. Chop salad greens into 1X1" squares. Trim peppers, onions, celery and dice into 1/4" cubes and place into large mixing bowl. Add greens, corn, black beans, tortilla strips and dressing and gently mix with a spatula.
- Mound salad onto plate and top with pepper jack cheese. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, dice into 1/2" cubes and add to top of salad just prior to serving.
Made as instructed and used a French salad dressing from this site. Company and I totally enjoyed this salad and next time I might try using some shrimp. Thank you for posting. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2011.