Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe of a wife of a coworker. She made them for Christmas and they are wonderful. The crust is almost like a shortbread cookie and the filling creamy cheese. Easy to make and very elegant looking.
- 16 ounces butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 apples, cored, peeled and slices (tart apples work best)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Crust: cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and mix well.
- add flour and blend with your hand till crumbly.
- press into the bottom and 3/4 up the sides of 2 9 inch springform pans.
- Filling: beat cream cheese and sugar, add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- pour half into each crust.
- Topping: Mix apples cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Lay apples on top on cheese mixture in a curcular pattern, and inside and outside row.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and refrigerate over night.