Recipe by Dib's
A different, tasty salsa.
Top Review by Michele
This was the recipe I was looking for except the one I tried was sweeter. I added 3-4 tbl. of sugar, 1 tbl. of salt and 2 additional squirts of honey. It came out just right. This is especially good for the salsa eater that likes a touch of sweet in their salsa. My friends enjoyed it.
- 3 cups peeled, cored and chopped tart apples (like Granny Smith's)
- 3 cups peeled, chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions
- 4 -6 jalapenos, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-packed cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars, wipe rims and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.