Recipe by Kim127
Nice, crumbly type muffin with an addicting taste. You can get 2 dozen regular size muffins or about 4 dozen mini muffins. The original recipe suggests baking for 20-30 minutes, but I like these done a little more so they get crispy around the edges.
Top Review by Annacia
Wonderful Fall muffins. I made 12 and that ask for a cup of sugar, I used a 1/2 cup of Splenda and that was right on the money. It also ask for 3/4 cup of oil, I used 1.4 cup of oil and a 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce. That cut back on the fat and was a grand addition to the muffin flavor. I used twice of amount of pecans just because I love them. I got a pic of the 10 remaining muffins after we sampled while I still could,lol. These will not be around long!
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled finely chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together four, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add egg and oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Fill greased & floured or paper lined muffin tins about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F or until wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.