Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut a pocket in the side of the tenderloin by cutting a lengthwise slit from one side to almost the other side and stopping about 1/2 inch from each of the tapered ends.
- Set the tenderloin aside.
- Finely shred the peel from the oranges and set aside.
- Then squeeze 3 tablespoons of juice from the oranges.
- In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice and apples.
- Set the apple mixture aside.
- Spray an unheated small skillet with no-stick spray.
- Add the onions.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Then add the onions and bread crumbs to the apple mixture.
- Toss until combined.
- Spoon the bread mixture into the pocket of the tenderloin.
- Securely close the pocket with wooden toothpicks.
- Place the tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the meat portion only.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before slicing.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, use a wire whisk to stir together 2 tablespoons of the apple juice and the cornstarch.
- Then stir in the remaining apple juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling.
- Stir in the reserved orange peel and cinnamon.
- Add the raisins and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, slice the tenderloin.
- Spoon the sauce over the slices.