1 hr 30 mins
Lorane Abari's Note:
Good for Thanksgiving. Prep time is 1 hour because it takes 45 minutes for brown rice to cook. Otherwise, it's not too much prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 cup honey or 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes.
- 3Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- 5Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, honey, onion powder and ginger.
- 6Fill squash evenly with rice stuffing.
- 7Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 185.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g