Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Good for Thanksgiving. Prep time is 1 hour because it takes 45 minutes for brown rice to cook. Otherwise, it's not too much prep time.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄8 cup honey or 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes.
- Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, honey, onion powder and ginger.
- Fill squash evenly with rice stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.