Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got these out of a magazine, and they are the best muffins I've ever tasted! They taste best when served warm.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla; Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins.
I added some chopped nuts to the glaze for a sensational muffin!