Cook1 hr 30 mins
Lower calorie, moist and flavorful! Applesauce with chopped onion, adds flavor and moistness to an easy meatloaf recipe that topped with a brown sugar mustard glaze.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onion and garlic in microwave for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Combine onion and garlic with sage, parsley and bread crumbs, 3/4 cup applesauce, egg, cinnamon, cardamom, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in beef and pork and mix gently just until combined.
- Shape mixture into loaf and place in a 1 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make Apple Glaze. Combine 1 cup applesauce, apple liquour, mustard and brown sugar in small saucepan. Heat and stir until well blended.
- After the meatloaf has been in the oven for 1/2 hour, spoon some of the apple glaze over and continue baking. Baste with the glaze every 20 minutes until internal temperature registers 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before serving.