Recipe by Lee & PJ Newland
My mother got this from a friend many years ago. Should be similar to what you're looking for. It's delicious.
Top Review by Bergy
I am not a desset person but this recipe tempted me and I am glad that it did. I cut the recipe in half, used butter instead of margerine and increased the cinnamon to 1 1/2 tsp. I did not glaze it either. It is a 5 star recipe but with the changes I made to it to suit my taste I rated it Four stars
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup milk (to make 2/3 cup with egg yolk)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 8 -10 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed (2 handfuls)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix flour and salt. Cut margarine inches.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk together; mix into flour.
- Roll out 1/2 of dough large enough to fit into a jelly roll pan.
- Filling: Sprinkle corn flakes over bottom crust. Spread apple slices evenly over crust. Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples.
- Roll out remaining dough and cover fruit. Brush top with beaten egg white. Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour, until crust is golden brown.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients together well.
- Brush on top crust while still hot.