Brenda's Classic Australian Pavlova
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff. Gradually add water beating between teaspoons.
- Add sugar VERYgradually. Take your time and don't hurry this step. Then beat in the salt, vanilla, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Shape meringue into a large 10 inch circle on parchment paper thats been placed on a cookie sheet.
- Build up the sides by laying coils of meringue one on top of the other to approximately a 1 inch depth. Or, you could spread the meringue with a spoon, using it to build up the sides.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and leave tart inside for another hour.
- Gently peel off the parchment paper.
- Fill with whipped cream and top with fruit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!