Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This apple pie recipe is the recipe my siblings and I have always asked to have made for us instead of birthday cake for each birthday we've had growing up. It is by far the yummiest apple pie on the entire earth!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 5 granny smith apples
- 2⁄3 cup corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add egg yoke.
- Add milk slowly.
- Mix together to form a ball.
- Roll out pie dough to fit the bottom of a jelly roll pan.
- Slice up 5 Granny Smith apples. (Keep them from browning by soaking them in cold salt water until you are ready to use them.).
- Crush cornflakes and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Drain Granny smith apples and rinse well with cold water to remove salty flavor.
- Add apples to cornflake mixture and mix well.
- Put apple mixture over bottom unbaked pie dough layer.
- Repeat pie dough recipe and carefully cover apple mixture with a second pie dough layer.
- Using a small knife, cut small slits in pie dough on top of pie.