Recipe by Cook4_6
I found this on another website and it reminds me of the Apple Salad from Panera Bread. Preserving the recipe to try later.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into eighths
- 1 head curly endive lettuce, washed, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 4 ounces maytag* blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place orange juice in small nonreactive pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 35-40 minutes.
- Can be made 2-3 days in advance, and refrigerated.
- Place orange reduction, Balsamic Vinegar, onion, and jalapeno in a food processor fitted with metal blade, process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Add the honey, salt and pepper, process 2 seconds.
- Heat 3/4 cup of the orange vinaigrette in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the apples, and saute until golden brown, turning until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to plate and cool to room temperature. Can be made a day in advance, covered in refrigerator, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Place endive in mixing bowl, toss with 4 tablespoons of the remaining orange vinaigrette, season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette into squeeze bottle, if desired.
- Divide endive among 4 salad plates. Arrange 4 apple slices on each plate, garnish with pecans and Maytag blue cheese.
- Drizzle with remaining orange vinaigrette.