Recipe by *Parsley*
We go apple picking every fall and we pick LOTS of apples. This is one of my favorite uses.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Instead of mixing all the veggies and apple together in the mayonnaise, I made the dressing separately adding two drops of Liquid Smoke to the mayo. Used fresh organic veggies from our CSA box including a Red Delicious apple. Substituted manchego cheese for the smoked cheddar, too. The scallions we received last week were extra strong and "spicy" and complemented the other flavors perfectly. Served with: Whole roasted chicken and Recipe #59307, Recipe #126532, and Recipe #305085. We enjoyed all the different flavors going on in this salad, *Parsley*! Reviewed for Spanish/Portuguese: Cebolletas Tag Game March 2011.
- 5 medium tart apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts only
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 -4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed to serve on
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the diced apples with the lemon juice.
- Stir in the celery, pecans, scallions, cranberries, cheese, mayo, sour cream, mustard, parsley. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on beds of torn romaine lettuce or greens of choice.