Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay, so it isn't exactly apple pie, but I like it. I never got the whole cheese on apple pie thing, then I tried this sandwich and think I might have to try cheese on apple pie.
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1⁄4 small apple, cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, softened
- TOP 1 of the bread slices with Singles and apple slices; cover with remaining bread slice.
- SPREAD outside of sandwich with butter.
- COOK in skillet on medium heat 2 minute on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
I make this all the time. It makes a nice lunch and an easy dinner. Goes nice with soup &/or salad or fries. It is also good to kill that sweet tooth...sometimes I like to cook the apple in a pan with a little butter and brown sugar and then top a toasted slice of cinnamon bread and top with the cheese and broil to melt.
I"ve always loved raisin toast with cheese and so adding apple just made sense. I used swiss for the cheese and a Gala apple. Great idea!!! Made for ZaarStars.~
I SO enjoyed this sandwich for this morning's breakfast. NOT a combination I would ever have thought to bring together but it was brilliant. I wasn't entirely sure that my raisin bread had cinnamon in it so I sprinkled some cinnamon on my Granny Smith apple slices and used a slice of Swiss cheese. Swiss cheese, BTW, I'd thoroughly recommend in this sandwich, which was SO delicious that - greedily - half an hour later I made another one. For me, a weekends only recipe but a super-delicious one that I'll certainly be making again. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe, seesko! :) Made for Gimme 5.