Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Apple pie nachos baked instead of fried and with no-fat topping - still really yummy, but with all of the flavor!
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Apple Pie Mix
- 3 baking apples, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (I used Macoun)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 ounce Amaretto or 1 ounce cognac
- 4 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cinnamon and sugar together (I use my Pampered Chef sugar shaker for this). Spread tortilla quarters on cooking sheet or jelly roll pan and spray with cooking spray, shake cinnamon/sugar over tortillas, then spray lightly again. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until crisp, but not burnt.
- While crispas bake, put apples and amaretto into a medium-sized skillet and cook over medium heat until apples just start to get tender and barely break down.
- Add brown sugar and stir well until evenly distributed. Remove pan from heat.
- Put 4 crispas on a plate. Top with a tablespoon or more of apple mixture, then a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.