Recipe by Steve P.
A nice Holiday candy treat. Combines the holiday tradition of fudge candy with the flavor of apple pie!
Top Review by SweetySJD
I loved the flavor of this! At first I thought with 5 cups of sugar it would be way too sweet. It was very sweet but it has a great flavor that sneaks up on you. The texture was a bit crumbly for my tastes. I think I will try this again and replace the powdered sugar with white chocolate chips. Thanks!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or more to taste depends on how spicy the applesauce you used is)
- nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients, bring to a boil (to soft ball stage).
- Stir constantly because the mixture burns easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Add: marshmallow cream, vanilla and powdered sugar (sifted) and apple pie spice, Blend well; pour into greased pan.
- Use an 8 or 9 inch square pan for a thick fudge or a 13x9 inch pan if you like it a little thinner.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Cool, cut into squares.