Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice Holiday candy treat. Combines the holiday tradition of fudge candy with the flavor of apple pie!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or more to taste depends on how spicy the applesauce you used is)
- nuts (optional)
- Combine the first four ingredients, bring to a boil (to soft ball stage).
- Stir constantly because the mixture burns easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Add: marshmallow cream, vanilla and powdered sugar (sifted) and apple pie spice, Blend well; pour into greased pan.
- Use an 8 or 9 inch square pan for a thick fudge or a 13x9 inch pan if you like it a little thinner.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Cool, cut into squares.
I loved the flavor of this! At first I thought with 5 cups of sugar it would be way too sweet. It was very sweet but it has a great flavor that sneaks up on you. The texture was a bit crumbly for my tastes. I think I will try this again and replace the powdered sugar with white chocolate chips. Thanks!
I really enjoyed making this and seeing it turn out. I used a tablespoon of spice since my applesauce was very plain. The results are wonderful! Thanks, I now have a new recipe to add to my collection!!!
Oh my gosh, this is so good. This was my first time making any kind of candy with a candy thermometer and I was worried it wouldn't turn out right. It turned out perfectly and it tastes exactly like the expensive apple pie fudge I would buy in the gourmet candy stores. I won't be buying it any more though :D Thanks for such an easy and tasty recipe!