Easy to make, moist, and tastes great!
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (may substitute nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tart apples (firm apples~peeled, cored, and thinly sliced(about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees if using a Pyrex or dark-finish pie plate).
- 2Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar, beating with a wooden spoon until thick, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg, and salt.
- 5Beat vigorously until the batter has a crumbly consistency, about 1 minute.
- 6Fold in the apples and mix until the apples are evenly coated and the batter becomes moist and smooth.
- 7There will be lots of apples, held together by a relatively stiff batter.
- 8Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer with a metal spatula.
- 9Sprinkle the top evenly with the sugar.
- 10Bake on the center rakc of the oven 30 to 35 minutes, until the center is firm when gently pressed.
- 11A cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean, the top and bottom of the cake should be deep brown, and the apples should be tender when pierced with a knife.
- 12Remove from the oven and cool at least 1 hour in the pan on a folded tea towel.
- 13Serve warm or room temperature, cut in wedges from the pie pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1493.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1453.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 296.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 189.6 g
- Protein 26.2 g