Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use what ever peppers you want. I use jalapeño peppers.
Make and share this Apple Pepper Jelly from (Concentrate) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -11 1⁄2 ounce apple juice concentrate (frozen)
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups hot peppers (crushed)
- Measure juice into a 6-8 quart saucepot.
- Add 3 cups water and stir.
- Add crushed hot peppers let stand for 1 hour.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Stir Fruit Jell pectin into juice and stir.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- At once stir in sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, one that cannot be stirred down.
- Stirring constantly, boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam.
- Immediately ladle into hot glass jars, leaving ½-inch head space.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling bath water.
- Makes 7/8-ounce jars.
I've tried several recipes for this jelly and this one is by far the easiest and tastiest so far. The frozen apple juice is the trick that really works ! I'll be making this one for years to come. Thanks for sharing !