Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (5 1/3 Tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped golden delicious apples
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, and the salt, making a well in the center.
- Set aside.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently stir in the apples and the pecans.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of loaf comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Do not overbake.
DH made this tonight for dessert- he made 4 mini loaves as opposed to 1 large loaf. Tastey! This recipe is a nice change of pace from zucchini and banana bread (what we usually have). Not as dense as those other loaves it has an almost custardy filling when coming out warm from the oven. Good stuff on a cold night like tonight. Thanks Bev!
This was just delicious!!! I also added some raisins to the mix. Loved the light texture. Will make this again and again! YUMMMM-OH!!!