Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the local paper.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tart apple (peeled and cored)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°; lightly grease a muffin pan with 12 cups or use paper muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, beat egg with milk and melted butter.
- Shred the apple directly into egg mixture; stir to blend.
- Combine egg mixture with flour mixure, stirring just until flour is moistened. Do NOT overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan. Sprinkle top of each muffin with 1 tsp of the chopped pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven until well browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Very good muffins. I really love the pecans in the muffins, I added them to the batter and sprinkled the rest on top. I think next time I will add some more spice as there were a little on the bland side for my taste.