Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Not too sweet, not too tart--just a perfect dessert to end a perfect meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted) or 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 pan with foil extending the edges over the edge of the pan.
- Mix crumbs and margarine and press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add sour cream and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time mixing on low speed. Pour over crust.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, apples, pecans and cinammon. Spoon evenly over cheesecake batter.
- Bake 55 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Lift cheesecake from pan using foil as handles. Cut into pieces and store in refrigerator.