Recipe by anymouse
I first had this at a friend's house and she was kind enough to give me the recipe. This is a great sweet sandwich which I serve at brunches.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla, beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut each bread slice into a 3 inch round.
- Core apples, cut each apple horizontally into 7 slices and brush with juice.
- Spread 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture onto each bread round and top with an apple slice. Sprinkle peanuts in center where apple was cored.