Recipe by PumpKIM
From "Cookies: Food Writers' Favorites" Leni Reed, Free-lance Writer
Top Review by comfort*foodie*mama
The flavor of this is fabulous. I did add 1/2 cup of raisins (requested by my 3 year old) and an extra tsp of vanilla. I also topped with a drizzle of a cream cheese glaze. My only problem was that the finished product was very crumbly. I pressed the mixture gently into the pan before I baked it. I will definitely make this again but I will try to press it down more firmly next time. I will update after my next attempt.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add oats, percans, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well.
- Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and press mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.