Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup melted apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Grease bottom and sides of loaf pans.
- Mix ingredients together, add eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Blend the vanilla, nutmeg, chopped apples and nuts into the creamed mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into loaf pans, then spoon the melted apply jelly on to the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pans.
- Bake in loaf pans at 350 F.
- for 1 hour or until bread springs back when touched in the middle.