Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are filled with some of my favorite spices: cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Use up any apples you have in your refrigerator. They smell as good as they taste.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple (finely grated with peel)
- 3 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- Mix together first two ingredients (Sugar & Cinnamon) reserve for topping.
- Sift together all dry ingredients except brown sugar.
- In a bowl, cream together, brown sugar, butter, honey, milk and egg.
- Add creamy mixture to dry ingredients.
- Add Bran flakes and grated apples to mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar & cinnamon mixture over each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.